Country of the Week: France (Including outside territories)

France, in Western Europe, encompasses medieval cities, alpine villages and Mediterranean beaches. Paris, its capital, is famed for its fashion houses, classical art museums including the Louvre and monuments like the Eiffel Tower. The country is also renowned for its wines and sophisticated cuisine. Lascaux’s ancient cave drawings, Lyon’s Roman theatre and the vast Palace of Versailles attest to its rich history.

France is homed to many fashion brands such as Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Christian Dior or just Dior and heaps more. Did you know that Paris is 1 of 4 main fashion capitals of the world! France is so focused on fashion!

Did you know that France owns some outer territories, that’s right! France owns the following territories. Saint-Martin, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Saint-Barthélemy, French Guiana, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Wallis and Futuna, French Polynesia, New Caledonia, Mayotte and Réunion.

Here are sun fun facts about France. Did you know that France was under French Monarchy until the end of the Second French Empire. Well here is some more! King Louis XIX was a French king that lasted on the throne for only 20 minutes!

Anyways that is it from me. QUESTION ALERT!!!!!! What is your favourite country? Goodbye!

2 thoughts on “Country of the Week: France (Including outside territories)

1. Hi Patrick!
    I found it cool that France is mostly focused on fashion!
    What is gonna be your next country of the week?
    I suggest Germany.
    From Oscar

2. Hi Patty,
    I found it interesting when King Louis XIX only lasted on the throne for only 20 minutes!
    Whats going to be the next country?
    Bye