Shape Poetry. SLJ Task

Kia Ora everyone and welcome back to my blog. Today I did the task of making poetry into shapes. I chose to do a diamante poem, since it is a poem I know.

A diamante poem is a poem where you compare 2 things, I did Sun and Moon. Your 2 things will be placed on the bottom of the diamond. Next, in the row above and under the topics, you have to add 3 words that describe them. For the Sun I did Radiant, Golden and for my moon I did Calm, Silvery. After that, in the row between the describing words. You have to add 4 nouns, 2 being about one of your topics and 2 being about the other.

Here is a layout of how it should be:
Noun
Adjective, Adjective
Verb, Verb, Verb
Noun, Noun, Noun, Noun
Verb, Verb, Verb
Adjective, Adjective
Noun.

Here is my diamante poem, I hope you like it! What 2 topics would you do? Goodbye!

3 thoughts on “Shape Poetry. SLJ Task

1. Kia Ora Patrick,

This is Zana from the Summer Learning Journey. Awesome to see you starting off strong with a poetry slam activity, these were some of my favourite challenges last year!!

I loved doing these shape poems in my classroom as they mix both poetry and art which allows for a lot of creativity. We made our poems about things we could see in our classroom. A lot of my students did theirs about me. I think it is great that you have decided to do your own take on a shape poem by making it into a diamante poem and you did an awesome job with it. I think your topic is awesome and very fitting for the summer theme.

I would like to know what inspired this poem?

Keep up the great work and I look forward to seeing more of your posts.
    Ka kite anō,
    Zana Yates

2. Hi, I am Ryan from Gilberthope School. It’s nice starting off and also nice starting on with and verbs Adjective! Nice work!

3. Hey! im Jayden from Gilberthorpe School I see you started the summer learning journey strong with a poem. Those are nice adjectives the theme poem fits really well with the summer learning journey. I think a way that you could make this great poem better is by adding more color. Kapai nice work keep it up!