Maths Escape Room. SLJ Task.

Kia Ora everyone and welcome back to my blog. Today I did the task of making a Maths escape room. Before we did this we had to try out another escape room, settled up by the wonderful Summer Learning Journey team.

I liked how they stuck to the Summer theme in theirs, so in my way I also decided to stick with the theme. My theme was the French National Football Team. When you clicked on an image with the link, that was 1 step of escaping. But there is a twist, you must answer the math equation on the slide to actually complete the step.

Anyways here is my escape room, I hope you enjoy it and escape it. Whilst doing my escape room, I suggest using a pencil/pen and a book/paper so that when you are stuck on a question, you have something to help you out. Calculators are optional.

(Credits to Twinkl for supplying the Math equations. Credits to IStock for the image of the plain room. Credits to Red Bubble for the Mbappe poster. Credits to the Department of Energy for the door image.)

One thought on “Maths Escape Room. SLJ Task.

1. Kia ora Patrick,

It’s Charlotte again, a blog commenter for Manaiakalani. Well done on the ‘Escape Room’ activity! I am so sorry that it has taken so long to comment on this post, we must’ve missed it somehow!

I actually found your escape room quite challenging which is great – I liked your tip to use some pen and paper to help me out. I also wanted to note that it is great that you have included credits to the places you got your resources from – well done!

I noticed that your theme was the French National Football Team. Is football your favourite sport? My favourite sport is probably skiing because I love how freeing it feels when you’re flying down the slopes.

Ngā Mihi Nui
    Charlotte Visser
    Summer Learning Journey