Genghis Khan. A Mongol Warrior.

Genghis Khan. A Mongol Warrior. By Patrick Dibnah.

Hi, My name is Patrick and I am a student at St Francis of Assisi school and is a really big fan of History and Geography. I have been learning about Greek Mythology earlier in this 2 week break, Now I am focusing on Genghis Khan and the Mongol Empire. Here I present to you, what I have learnt so far about Genghis and his empire.

Who was he? The Mongol Empire, which later grew to be one of the biggest empires in history, was founded by Genghis Khan and he was the first khan. By bringing together many of the nomadic tribes of the Mongol steppe, he attained authority and was dubbed Genghis Khan, or the Universal of the Mongols.

What is the Mongol Empire? Compared to other countries, Mongolia now is quite normal in size. However, earlier in the 12th century, it was enormous. What would it resemble? Consider a nation that runs from the present-day Korean Peninsula to the present-day Czech Republic. Very long, I’m aware. A fun fact Russia was dwarfed by its size.

Was Genghis wealthy? Genghis would make Elon Musk seem poor if he were still living today! With a total wealth of 120 trillion dollars, he is one of the wealthiest leaders to have ever walked the Earth.

How did Genghis die? Genghis died on August 25 1227 due to a horse that threw Genghis to the ground that caused multiple injuries, He never recovered. Ögedei Khan then took his place.

Well that is what I have so far. QUESTION ALERT!!!!! I have 2 questions for you fellas out there. Question 1. What is the capital of Mongolia? Question 2. What were the 2 countries I mentioned that represented how long the Mongol Empire was.

Have a blessed day everybody!

Here is a picture of a comparison of the Mongol Empire and a picture of Genghis Khan (More of a portrait actually).

Mongol Empire: Meaning, History, Emperor & Decline — StudyHQ.net (2022 PDF)

Biography of Genghis Khan, Founder of the Mongol Empire