Athletics Day

On Tuesday the 25th of October 2022, all St Francis of Assisi students years 1-8 hopped on a bus to Rawhiti Domain. Why you may ask, because it was athletics day. The day where I have fun doing other activities besides the activities that involves running!

So we got to the domain and it was a nice sunny day with a couple of clouds. Firstly I started with my 60 metre sprints and came 4th, then came my 80 metre sprints, came 4th in that too. Wow! 4th in both sprints! That was an achievement for me, but next time I would try to get top 3 next time.

After that I sat down and had some lunch. My friend Tharun bought a whole packet of Oreo’s to share with us. So I munched on 2, then I chugged down nearly all of the water I had in my bottle, I drank a lot.

Then came Long Distance, the one I hated the most since it is really hard for me to run long distances. This year we had to run 1000 meters which is equal to 1 km. Ready Set Go! We started running and I would have finished my first lap but then came, the growing pains, well according to my doctor. I fell to the ground and started holding on to my chest, a couple of friends came and stopped to check if I was okay. Then I got sent home and had the most peaceful sleep in all of mankind. Very peaceful with no interruptions, well it was until my sister came home and started to blast her favourite song in my ear.

Well that is all from me today. What is your favourite athletics activity? Mine is Shot put! Goodbye and have a good day.