Diversity within Sport

Hello Guys and this week I will be showing you my work for Reading this week. This week we were looking at diversity within sport and some athletes that have been  discriminated against in Sport.

For our independent task we had to read different stories and we were given some questions to answer about the selected story. We had to answer questions about being discriminated in sport, putting people in boxes and the word, “Apartheid” which was segregation happening in South Africa. Here is the link to my questions and answers.

We also had another independent task and that was to make a Venn Diagram about the characters Meggie and Zodwa from a story we read about the Sprinkbok tour in 1981. Here is the link to my Venn Diagram.

Now for my create, we had to either make a comic, write a poem or make an inspirational poster about someone that has been discriminated against in Sport. I chose to do a poem about the athlete Jackie Robinson who was discriminated against playing baseball in the 1950’s. Later on he completed his goal on making it to the baseball hall of fame whilst  ignoring all of the racism in the stands. Here is the link to my poem.

Anyways I hope you have enjoyed my blog today. QUESTION ALERT!!!!!!! If you were to write a poem about an athlete that discriminated against in sport, who would you choose? Goodbye!