Kwanzaa Colour In! SLJ Task

Kia Ora everyone and welcome back to my journey on the Summer Learning Journey of 2022-23. Today I did the activity where I was Unleashing my inner artist. My create task was to choose an artwork on the Google Arts and Culture website and do a little fun colour in. I chose to do something that I have never heard of before, I chose to colour in a Kwanzaa picture.

What is Kwanzaa? Kwanzaa is an annual celebration of African-American culture from December 26 to January 1, culminating in a communal feast called Karamu, usually on the sixth day. It was created by activist Maulana Karenga, based on African harvest festival traditions from various parts of West and Southeast Africa.

Here is my colour, I chose to use my favourite colours in this colour because why not? Anyways here is my colour. Have you heard of any other cultural celebrations? Goodbye and have a good day!

One thought on “Kwanzaa Colour In! SLJ Task

1. Kia ora Patrick,

Simon here from the Summer Learning Journey.

You have done some great work here. Ka pai!

You must be quite good at artwork because you have used a dark green colour as a background to help highlight the seven characters and their respective colours on the front.

I’m looking forward to seeing more of your blogs over summer. Keep up the good work!

Ngā mihi,
    Simon