My Summer Tiki Tour. SLJ Task

Kia Ora everyone and welcome back to my journey on the Summer Learning Journey of 2022-23. Today I did the task of making a Summer Tiki Tour where we had to basically make a tour around New Zealand. I focused on the North Island today because I hardly get to go there anymore. I chose the locations you will see because I mainly focused on Maori Culture and History.

Quick fun fact about our country! Did you know that National Reserves Make Up 30 Percent of the Country! I never knew that! Here is my Tiki tour.  What is your favourite place to go to in New Zealand? Mine is Queenstown!

2 thoughts on “My Summer Tiki Tour. SLJ Task

1. Kia ora Patrick,

It’s Simon here from the Summer Learning Journey. It’s great to see you post again!

Your tiki tour looks great! What made you choose the destinations you have chosen? I think it is great that you have chosen destinations that have rich cultural heritage. Have you visited any of these places before? If so, what was your favourite spot or where would you like to visit?

My favourite spot on your list is Russell. I have only visited there once, but I remember the weather was perfect and the beaches were amazing. In the South Island I would say that Lake Tekapo is my favourite destination!

I’m looking forward to seeing more of your posts over summer! 😀

Ngā mihi,
    Simon

1. Hi there Simon!

I chose these locations because I have been to all of them before. My top 3 favourite places on my tiki tour are 1. 90 Mile beach 2. Tamaki Brothers, Rotorua and 3. Auckland City Harbour.

Have you been to any places on my tiki tour? If so, where?

Cheerio!
      Patrick